Pages

Tuesday 15 November 2011

FOTD: Soft and Casual Smokey Eye


Two different poses in two days - I really am spoiling you!
As part of my shake-up my make-up challenge, after I gave you retro look overload (see here, here and here), I decided to go back to Beauty School Basic's with a soft smokey eye. 

It really is a classic, and I'm sure you can see why - rock it up with a leather jacket and ripped jeans, or pair it with your favourite little black dress, the possibilities are endless. Even better, it suits practically every skin tone, and adds effortless cool. To put it quite simply, you need to have this look up your sleeve.
I've toned down the eye, but feel free to abuse your eyeliner, the more smudged you get, the cooler you'll look, 
(don't have a smudging brush - use an earbud).

I'll list the products below, (including my new 17 Wild Metallic Cream Eyeshadow and my freebie Estee Lauder Double Wear from my Glasgow Haul), but if you would like to see a tutorial, then just ask.

Products used:
Base:
- 17 Photo Flawless Skin Primer
- Estee Lauder Double Wear in Ecro
- Collection 2000 Sheer Loose Powder in Translucent
- Soap & Glory Concealer in Light

Contouring:
- Benefit Blush Coralista
- MUA Pressed Powder in Shade 4
- Benefit Highbeam
- Cream Blush from 17 All About Nude Palette

Eyes:
- HD Brows Kit in Vamp
   - MUA Mascara Shade 1 Clear (Used as Brow Gel)
   - MUA Black Contour Pen
   - Sleek I-Divine Palette in Storm, Matte Black
   - Wet n Wild Eyeshadow Trio in Don't Steal My Thunder (Smokey Eye Palette)
   - Benefit They're Real Mascara


Lips:

- MAC Please Me Matte Lipstick

Have you perfected the smokey-eye? 
How do you wear it, rocked-out, or glammed-up?
M x

1 comment:

  1. Looks gorgeous. I am pretty good with the dark kind but I need to get better at something lighter and soft like this.

    Your blog is great.

    I've just done a post on an outfit I made. I'd love you to let me know what you think.

    Want to follow each other?

    http://sophlife.blogspot.com/

    Xox Soph.

    ReplyDelete

Hey Lovely,
Please feel free to comment :)
I read all of them and I do a little dance inside everytime I get a new one.
If you would like a direct reply, then please email:
beautytothemax@hotmail.co.uk
You are the reason I write this blog and I love to hear your views.
M x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...