Pages

Saturday 29 October 2011

Halloween Make-Up Tutorial: Twilight and True Blood Inspired Modern Vampire

Hiya, 
Today I've got another Halloween Tutorial, (are you sick of them yet?). 
Both the Halloween tutorials I've made before (Zombie/Corpse Bride and Lady Gaga Skull Face) have been very dramatic and scary looks, so I thought I would try a "prettier" Halloween look. 

I've called this look Modern Vampire as it's not your traditional coffin-dwelling, garlic-fearing, dodgy Transylvanian accent-bearing Vamp, (Sozza Dracula). 
Let me start by saying, I am a huge fan of Vampires, Buffy The Vampire Slayer (cheesy, I know), was, and is still my favourite TV Show. Although recently, thanks to the Twilight Saga and TV shows like True Blood and The Vampire Diaries, there has been a Vampire explosion in modern culture. These Vampires or, Glampires, are sexy and sultry. 
Modern vampires have a timeless beauty. As Edward Cullen says in Twilight, 
"Everything about me invites you in — my voice, my face, even my smell". 
The Modern Vampire is designed to lure you in, they need to be sexy and straddle the line between innocence and danger. 

Apparently becoming a vampire means you get insanely glossy hair, a clear ivory complexion and impossibly chiseled cheekbones (must be the blood diet). Unfortunately not many of us are blessed with those striking features, so what's a girl to do, but fake it? 

My inspiration for this look is Jessica and Queen Sophie Anne from True Blood, (both fellow pale red heads) and Rosalie Hale/Cullen from the Twilight Saga. 



So here it is :)

To enlarge just click.
Products Used:
Base: 
- 17 Photo Flawless Skin Primer
- Loreal Paris Infallible Foundation Matte Finish in Porcelain
- MUA Brush-On Concealer Pen
- MUA Pressed Powder in Shade 1
- Collection 2000 Sheer Loose Powder in Translucent

Contouring:
- MeMeMe Blush in Coral
- MUA Pressed Powder in Shade 4
- Benefit Highbeam

Eyes:
- HD Brows Kit in Vamp (HarHarHar, no pun intended)
- MUA Mascara Shade 1 Clear (Used as Brow Gel)
- Sleek I-Divine Palette in Storm, Shades 2, 6, 11 and 12
- Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Liner in 021 Red Dynamite
- Benefit "They're Real" Mascara
- Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner in Black

Lips:
- Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Liner in 021 Red Dynamite
- MUA Lipstick Shade 13



Technique:
- I applied my base using the products stated, I used the palest foundation I had (Loreal Paris Infallible Foundation Matte Finish in Porcelain), which is the lightest colour in the range. 
- Vampires have killer cheekbones, I do not. So I applied my MUA Pressed Powder in Shade 4 underneath the cheeks and applied Benefit High Beam aboves my cheekbones and on the browbone. There is a reason High Beam is nicknamed "Super Model in A Bottle".
- I used Blush solely for the purposes of contouring, the Blush I used (MeMeMe Blush in Coral) is a very light and peachy colour, I applied it softly as the blush has to be barely noticible, vampires do not get flushed. 
Vampires are cold, they are not sweaty or shiny therefore, I set my face with Collection 2000 Sheer Loose Powder in Translucent.
- As you can see from my inspiration collage all the Vampy lady's have perfectly defined brows, to achieve this I combed my brows, made sure they were no stray hairs and filled them in with my HD Brow kit, mixing the black and brown to get a dark brown. I then fixed my Brows with MUA Clear Mascara.
- Now, on to the eyes, I drew red lip liner underneath my eyes and in the waterline, I then blended outwards, applying a little matte black to the outer corner, and a little golden white in the inner eye.
- I then applied matte brown along the top line of my eye and blended, adding some golden white.
- Next, I took my Maybelline Gel Liner and lined my top eyelid, ending in a soft flick.
- To give a fluttery look I curled my lashes and applied 2-3 coats of Benefit's "They're Real" Mascara. I was going to add false lashes at this point, but I was more than happy with the effect the mascara gave, however if you wanted to add extra drama, go ahead.
- Lastly I lined and filled my lips with my red lip liner (Rimmel Red Dynamite), and put a slick of MUA Lipstick in Shade 13 over the top. I cannot praise this lipstick enough, its the perfect shade of bright blood red and is only £1!

- To finish, I lightly curled my hair with staighteners and used Neal & Wolf Glow Super Shine Spray to give my hair make my hair glossy (dead for over a hundred years yet I still have shiny hair?). 

I love this look, it's combines a sultry retro feel with a little bit of danger. 
And is it just me, or does the red eyeliner look pretty good? 
I think this is definitely a look which can be worn again and again. 
It's my new favourite night out make-up.
Go forth, Vamp up, and h
ave a lovely weekend.
M x



4 comments:

  1. Great look hun - really well done! BTW that lipstick is MUA... here I was thinking I pretty much had all the reds I needed, but that is something else - need it, esp as it's only £1! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :)
    The MUA Lipstick Shade 1, really is a must buy and you can't go wrong with it for a quid!
    Check out their Pearl Eyeshadows as well, my favourites are Shade 9 and 12.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really into red eyeliner at the moment, so of course I love this! Also not meaning to sound creepy or anything, but you are insanely pretty and I'm completely jealous of your eyebrows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm kind of missing Halloween now, mourning the loss of red eyeliner - Wait! Red eyeliner can be festive right? Christmassy, no? Clutching a straws here.
    Aww, thank you, it's creepy at all. I have a huge obsession over brows, I won't be happy until I've channeled 80's Madonna!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Hey Lovely,
Please feel free to comment :)
I read all of them and I do a little dance inside everytime I get a new one.
If you would like a direct reply, then please email:
beautytothemax@hotmail.co.uk
You are the reason I write this blog and I love to hear your views.
M x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...