Pages

Thursday 27 October 2011

"This Is My Face, Covered In Freckles With An Occasional Spot And Some Veins"


Cheers Kate Nash, couldn’t have put it better myself.
Hey Lovelies, I’m Maxine, a 19 year old Law Student living in Edinburgh.
I’m a bit of a crazy cat lady and an even crazier make up over-obsesser.
I’m nowhere near perfect and definitely wouldn’t claim to be. I get morning breath, bad hair days and spots that make you wanna live under your duvet for the rest of the week. But if even I can cover them up and resemble something close to presentable, then so can you. 

I set up this blog roughly a month ago. I’d found some beauty blogs when searching online for a new foundation and soon it became a habit to check them every time I got on the Web.
Soon I was boring my friends to tears with the latest “it” mascara and my obsession for thicker brows, so to save their earholes, I decided to start blogging.
But flu and chest infections reared their ugly head, and made my head rather ugly.
Now that I’m better and I’m no longer being mistaken for an extra in The Walking Dead, here is my first FOTD. 
(3000 photos and one sore arm later, seriously, how do you fellow Beauty Bloggers make it look so easy?) 


What an Anti-Climax eh?
I wanted my first FOTD to be quite natural, with rosy cheeks and a softly defined light brown smokey eye. I kept the lips matte and in the same pink family as the cheeks. 
This look is very wearable and can be easily taken from day to night with a flick of black eyeliner or a sweep of retro red lipstick.

Products Used:
Base: 
- 17 Photo Flawless Skin Primer.
- Loreal Paris Infallible Foundation Matte Finish in Porcelain
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B20
- Benefit Erase Paste in Medium No2
- MUA Pressed Powder in Shade 1
- Collection 2000 Sheer Loose Powder
- Cream Blush from 17 All About Nude Palette L.E
Contouring, Cheeks and Lip:
- Benefit High Beam
- MUA Pressed Powder in Shade 4
- Benefit Bella Bamba Blush
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp
Eyes:
- MUA Heaven and Earth Palette: Shades 1,  3 and 11
- MUA Single Eyeshadow in Pearl Shade 12
- HD Brows Kit in Vamp
- MUA Mascara Shade 1 Clear (Used as Brow Gel)
- No7 Lash Adapt Mascara Black
As you can see I have used a lot of products, (well I did want to look my best for you), but if you're in a rush you can skip the concealer, and just go for foundation, cream blush, powder, one eyeshadow and mascara. 

I'm not loyal to any particular brands, and I'm no make-up snob. The products I used range from £1 (MUA Brow Gel, MUA Eyeshadow, MUA Pressed Powder), to £31 (Ouch, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua). 
I honestly don't mind paying for something if I know it's good quality and will be worth it, I've had my Chanel VL for 6 months now, and still have loads left, so far it's only cost me £5 per month, which really isn't bad. 
On the other hand, I won't spend money on something purely for the label it holds, I am a huge fan of MUA and the Eyeshadow in Pearl, Shade 12, has to be my favourite eyeshadow ever, its hugely pigmented, and duo chrome, I urge you to buy it, and it's only a pound!

There is a famous phrase "Start as you mean to go on", so if you want honesty, and long winded rambles, then you’ve came to the right place but seriously, sorry for such a long post, now that the introduction is over we can start to get down to some proper Beauty business.
I’ve only recently in the past year started my Beauty addiction, and believe me when I’ve made some mistakes, (When I was 12 I used to think putting pale pink glittery eye shadow all over my face in substitute of bronzer was a good look, eeeek), though hopefully I’ve advanced a little more since then. 


But I’m still learning, and discovering new beauty tips and tricks, so let me share my journey, mistakes and beauty babbles with you :)
M x

2 comments:

Hey Lovely,
Please feel free to comment :)
I read all of them and I do a little dance inside everytime I get a new one.
If you would like a direct reply, then please email:
beautytothemax@hotmail.co.uk
You are the reason I write this blog and I love to hear your views.
M x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...